Friday, October 31, 2008

Etsy artisan interview with:QuietCity!

http://quietcity.etsy.com
My blog is: http://quietcity207.blogspot.com

How did you first get interested in what you do?
I have always been artistic- in and out of art classes, and even enrolled in the Communication Design program at the University of North Texas. For as long as I can remember I have been drawing and writing and collaging, and I have picked up some sewing, knitting and embroidering techniques here and there. I created Quiet City three years ago when I realized I needed an outlet for my artistic urges. I just opened my Etsy shop in September of this year.


Who is your favorite artist?
Oh my. I couldn't pick just one so here is the shortest list I can think of:
Henri Toulouse-Lautrec, Alphonse Mucha, Vincent Van Gogh, Kurt Halsey, Theophile Alexandre Steinlen, Diane Arbus, Andrew Wyeth, Edward Gorey, Gustav Klimt, Edward Hopper, Nikki McClure, Grady McFerrin. Also, my best friend Laura is the best artist I know in person.

What are your top 5 favorite Etsy shops?
So far my favorites are:
You Be and I'll Be: youbeandillbe.etsy.com
The Black Apple (who doesn't love this shop?): theblackapple.etsy.com
Michael Phipps: phippsart.etsy.com
Ben and Lucy Boutique: benandlucyboutique.etsy.com
Hide n Seek: HidenSeek.etsy.com

No comments: